FIM has acquired ten consented wind farms (154MW) over recent years. All are now operational. FIM currently manages 106MW of wind across six onshore wind farms on behalf of UK investors, having recently sold two operational wind farms for private investors. In addition FIM currently manages over 21MW of solar across four operational solar parks.
- FIM continues to be active in the secondary market for on shore wind and solar acquisitions.
- FIM secures £70m loan for LDV Harburnhead Ltd, the FIM managed investment vehicle building the 51.7MW wind farm; see press release for more details.
- Harburnhead Wind Farm construction starts in earnest in January with civil works performed by Farrans. Enercon are contracted to supply 22 E82 turbines.
- New FIM unlisted vehicle raised £5.0 million and purchased a 4.3MW Solar Park in Leicestershire.
- Harburnhead Wind Farm becomes fully operational ahead of programme and under budget.
- FIM secures one of only fifteen CFDs granted to onshore wind projects, for Brenig Wind Farm.
- FIM acts on the sale of Brenig Wind Farm to an overseas investor, CGN.
- New FIM unlisted vehicle acquires a 50% stake in the 51.7MW consented Harburnhead Wind Farm near Livingston. Construction started on site in September, with tree felling.
- New FIM unlisted vehicle acquires 17MW of consented ground mounted solar parks across three sites and secures project finance. All are operational by August 2015.
- Dungavel Wind Farm starts generating in August 2015.
- Carscreugh wind farm (15.3MW) was commissioned and started generating.
- FIM expands its renewable expertise by recruiting three new members to the team including a Chief Operating Officer and an Investment Director.
- The Renewables team comprises nine dedicated renewable specialists providing a one stop shop for renewables services, including business development, deal origination, finance, construction management, technical expertise, operational management and asset management.
- Arnish Moor (3.9MW) and Darracott (2.55MW) wind farms were sold on behalf of private investors benefiting from yield compression.
- FIM gains valuable Electricity Market Reform ("EMR") experience by submitting an application for a Contract for Difference "CfD" in the first auction round.
- FIM advised John Laing, the specialist investor in and manager of infrastructure assets, on the acquisition of Dungavel Wind Farm in South Lanarkshire, comprising 26MW. FIM arranged debt finance and oversaw the construction of the wind farm.
- FIM also advised John Laing on the acquisition of Carscreugh Wind Farm in Dumfries and Galloway, comprising 15.3MW. FIM arranged debt finance and managed the construction of the wind farm.
- Wind farm capacity on FIM's clients' land passed 150MW.
- FIM closed a second fund raising for an unlisted vehicle. The unlisted vehicle has invested £18.2 million in the purchase and construction of three wind farms, Mynydd, Torrance and Wathegar, with combined capacity of 28MW. FIM raised project finance, managed the construction process and now oversees the operation and maintenance of the wind farms.
- FIM advised on the purchase of the freehold interest in a 4MW solar park in Somerset.
- An initial fund raising for an unlisted vehicle raised £11.5 million. This was invested in the purchase and construction of Mynydd Portref Wind Farm and 50% of Wathegar Wind Farm.
- The Darracott Wind Farm (2.55MW) started production in May 2011. The site was acquired in an EIS Company on behalf of private investors. FIM managed the construction and oversaw the operation and maintenance of the wind farm, until it was sold.
- Carno II (15.6MW) started production. A joint venture was set up with the project developers and a private investor in 2007 to construct and operate the wind farm. FIM continues to oversee the efficient operation and maintenance of the wind farm.
- Wharrels Hill Wind Farm (10.4MW) started production. The Wharrels Hill site was acquired on behalf of a number of private investors in 2006. FIM managed the construction and oversees the operational maintenance of the wind farm.
- FIM's first wind farm investment Arnish Moor (3.9MW) started production. The site was acquired on behalf of a private investor in 2005. FIM managed the construction and oversaw the operational maintenance of the wind farm, until it was sold.