FIM provides access to renewable energy investments through different vehicles promoted and managed by FIM. These are designed to make the benefits of renewable investment available to a wide range of investors.
These vehicles are unregulated collective investment schemes (UCIS). As such they are subject to restrictions on how they can be promoted to investors. FIM is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to the promotion, operation and management of UCISs.
In order to be provided with information in relation to such opportunities you must be either:
- An investment professional authorised to advise on UCIS; or
- A person who has completed the FIM Client Financial Information Form (“CFIF”) and has been assessed by FIM as being suitable and appropriate to invest in the opportunity by being a Certified High Net Worth Investor or Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor; or
- A person who is a Certified Sophisticated Investor; or
- An Eligible Counterparty or Professional Client as set out in the FCA Handbook.
Potential investors can consider three routes to access information in relation to these opportunities:
- Request information to be delivered to your investment advisor authorised to advise on such vehicles; or
- Submit to FIM a valid Certified Sophisticated Investor certificate signed by an appropriate counterparty; or
- Complete a CFIF which requests information in relation to your circumstances to allow FIM to assess if an investment in an opportunity could be appropriate for you. Click here to complete a CFIF.
FCA approved financial intermediaries and investors accepted by FIM as appropriate persons following receipt of a Certified Sophisticated Investor certificate or following analysis of information provided in a CFIF, will be provided with a password to access information on FIM’s vehicles on a secure section of FIM’s website.
This section of the website will thus only be available to appropriate persons who can consider investment in a UCIS directly or on behalf of their clients.
FIM is focusing on acquiring operational renewable assets (onshore wind and solar) for a wide range of Retail and Institutional investors to suit varying investment objectives.
- Investments are generally available from £1 million upwards.
- Ability to generate regular index linked income for up to 25 years from awaiting assets.
- Ready liquidity through an active operational asset market.
FIM provides a fully independent investment management service including:
- Investment Selection and Due Diligence
- Project Financing
- Construction Management
- Operational Supervision
- Asset Management
- Financial Control
- Annual Reporting and Accounts
- VAT Administration
FIM offers a flexible approach in providing these services in order to meet the investor's needs.
FIM can act on the buy or sell side of onshore wind and solar PV transactions on behalf of investors.
FIM's extensive knowledge of the renewables energy market, combined with detailed analysis of an asset's potential, assist in identifying the right acquisition for an investor.
FIM's asset management strategy is to maximise the return on the investment whilst ensuring that renewable assets are operated and maintained in accordance with all regulations as effectively and efficiently as possible. FIM's annual management fee is linked to revenue to align interests of the investor and manager.
FIM would be pleased to discuss direct investments or UCIS for an individual, group of investors or institutional investors.
Direct ownership of renewable assets is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.