Attractive Revenue Source
The UK is a prime location to invest in renewable energy projects.
- UK demand for electricity is forecast to rise, despite the drive for energy efficiency, whilst supply from existing generators is forecast to decline as older plants which cannot meet emission targets or are outdated are decommissioned. This should lead to upward pressure on power prices over the long term. This will improve levels of income.
- UK power prices have declined over recent times and FIM believe now is a good time to acquire renewable energy assets whilst power prices are relatively low.
- UK Government has targeted 15% of total energy consumption to come from renewable sources by 2020.
- The UK has the best wind resource in Europe and assets enjoy high yield factors generating high levels of electricity output.
- These market conditions provide attractive returns to investors through indexed linked certificates and potential upside from power as prices are expected to rise.
There are a significant number of UK opportunities for equity investors in both operational wind farms and solar parks. There are some opportunities for development projects both on and off market which FIM has access to.
FIM is able to source and structure a transaction to suit your investment requirements.