FIM currently manages 83,000 hectares (205,000 acres) of forestry in the UK on behalf of three unlisted funds and a wide range of direct investors. FIM has also purchased and managed forests in New Zealand and the Baltics in the past.
- A separate unlisted vehicle raised its target of an additional £40 million.
- An unlisted vehicle raised £40 million, well in excess of the target £25 million.
- An unlisted vehicle raised £14.9 million.
- FIM launched a new unlisted vehicle, raising a total of £21.5 million.
- FIM exceeded the £25 million target of new funds to be raised into an unlisted vehicle, raising a total of £32.7 million.
- Through several on and off market transactions FIM has created one of the largest privately held complexes in Wales, totaling over 1,600 hectares.
- Through an off-market transaction, acquired a private forestry portfolio valued at circa £20 million.
- FIM advised a private client on one of the largest single transactions in recent years, the purchase of 1,964 hectares in a ring fenced forest for in excess of £12 million.
- FIM closed a final fund raising for an unlisted vehicle, raising £19.1 million.
- FIM's client won a prestigious prize for best new commercial wood at Scotland's Finest Woods Awards 2012. FIM advised on the acquisition and development of the property which, at 430 hectares, was one of the largest new planting projects in the country.
- FIM closed a second fund raising for an unlisted vehicle, which was oversubscribed at £20.2 million.
- An initial fund raising for an unlisted vehicle raised £13.3 million.
- An unlisted vehicle was created in May 2010 from the merger of 11 FIM Forestry Trusts.The unlisted vehicle had circa 7,100 hectares in 41 forests.
- An unlisted vehicle was created from the merger of four FIM Forestry Trusts and consisted of 5,668 hectares in 23 forests.
- Formation of, and fund raising for, Estonian and Latvian Enterprises LLP to acquire forests in the Baltic States. Structuring the ownership vehicles and implementing acquisitions, management and subsequent disposals.
- GSL Capital Limited. Negotiating the acquisition of 10,700 hectares of eucalyptus plantation in New Zealand. The formation and financing of a special purpose vehicle to carry out the acquisition and organisation of ongoing administration.
- Launch of Highland Timber Plc as an AIM listed forest owning vehicle with properties in the UK and New Zealand.
- Purchase of Forest Corporation of New Zealand. Advised HSBC on the funding of the consortium, including Fletcher Challenge and CITIC, which was successful in acquiring FCNZ for NZ$2billion. FCNZ owned 180,000 hectares of Radiata pine producing over 3 million cubic metres of wood per year.
- Structuring investment agreement between an insurance company and Shotton Paper, part of the multi-national forest products company UPM-Kymmene. Identification, assessment and acquisition of £25 million of sustainable UK plantations to provide the investor with a secured investment return and Shotton with a secured supply of timber.
- Listed French Bank. Advising and acting on investment of 118,000 hectares of forestry in Chile.
- Prefeasibility study for a private investment group for investment in a major wood processing plant, Solikamsk, Western Urals, Russia.