Established in 1979, FIM is an alternative investment manager specialising in real asset investments, specifically forestry and renewable energy.
Assets under management are £780 million, encompassing:
- 74,600 hectares of forestry.
- 127 megawatts in renewable energy generating assets.
Clients include high net worth individuals, family offices and institutions and FIM manages three unlisted timberland funds with net assets of £250 million.
UK forestry and renewable energy are proven asset classes for both institutional and private investors. They are 100% asset backed, providing competitive low risk returns.
FIM accesses a wide range of investment opportunities for institutional and private clients. FIM actively sources, structures and executes transactions and provides a full asset management service at competitive fee levels.
FIM advises on and implements the formation of bespoke portfolios, carefully targeted to meet specified investment objectives, incorporating direct investments.
- FIM is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the conduct of investment business to promote and operate unregulated collective investment schemes, being managed funds in timberland and renewable energy.
- FIM provides a full investment management services to both direct investors and to managed funds with independent professional advice encompassing all aspects of managing a portfolio and optimising returns.
- FIM is independently certified under ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems to provide specialist investment products and services in the areas of forestry and renewable energy to ensure robust operating procedures.
- FIM under the terms of its Responsible Investment Policy seeks to ensure that investments meet strict environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria over the long term. FIM believe that active management of these issues will deliver long term benefits to both investors and the company. FIM is also a member of the UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association.
FIM Mission Statement
"The delivery of sustainable real asset investment products and services, specifically in forestry and renewable energy, to the highest professional standards and to the entire satisfaction of our clients."
Current areas of Expertise
Access your area of investment interest here: